Thursday, July 29, 2010

Post workout advice, can someone help?

I am a 22 yr old female and i weight 196, i plan on working out today and i heard that people should have protein and carbs after a workout. But i heard no solid foods,Then what do i take then?. I dont know what i am doing or what to have, can anyone please help me out. i know you are supposed to wait 30 mins.Post workout advice, can someone help?
What are your goals?Post workout advice, can someone help?
I'm coming from the bodybuilder school of thought, but it still applies. 20 minutes post-workout, a whey protein shake [source 1 - price comparisons on this link too] is a great thing to take. You can then eat solid foods an hour later - and keep it clean [source 2].





I'd stay away from the carbs though, as I believe these will just get stored into fat, especially if taken late in the day. I'm on a paleo diet and believe that all the processed carbs and sugars are what lead to obesity these days. See source 3 and 4 for more info about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment