Thursday, July 29, 2010

In need of help/advice!?

I need to write a paper on Seward's Proposal. I have to imagine I am a member of Congress in 1867 and debating William Seward's proposal for the purchase of Alaska. I need to explain how I plan to vote on the proposal.





I need some advice on how to go about that. Any help advice would be great!!!! I need to have it done by today, so i'm panicing!!!





Thanks So Much!


LaurenIn need of help/advice!?
Well, here is what I would do -


I would Google it first, and read a couple of articles about the pruchase so I could really understand it.


Then, I would think about what GOOD things it might have brought the country, such as land, resources, tax base, and then the BAD things ..such as taking over the indigenous peoples' lands, the money spent, etc.


Then, you will be able to have formed your own opinion about it and you will be able to write your paper.


Have fun with it, and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment