Thursday, July 29, 2010

Please help. I need advice for my roommate's dog who just recently went into heat.?

First of all she is a Yorkie and is nearing the 1 year old mark. She is also scheduled to be fixed at the end of March.





Lately she has been more agressive and having bladder control issues. She's completely potty trained but when approached by her owners or someone else she gets excited then pees in fron of the person.





So my questions is....is this normal and will this end after she is fixed?Please help. I need advice for my roommate's dog who just recently went into heat.?
Urinating when approached is called submissive urination. The aggressive issue is because she is in heat. Generally dogs become more aggressive during mating time. Everything should go back to normal after spaying.Please help. I need advice for my roommate's dog who just recently went into heat.?
It is a submission thing it will not be fixed by spaying.You need to build her confidence and socialize her as much as possible. Try an obedience class that doesn't use negative enforcement that would just make it worse because it's an involuntary thing that happens when they're nervous.


http://www.akc.org/events/obedience/trai鈥?/a>
Yes its normal for some dogs. Some dogs just act that way that's all. The stuff that the female dog is going through changes their life. In my opinion it is crool to get dogs fixed. If they cant have at least 1 litter how are they going to carry on they're jeans?
It's fine I do the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment