Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm commitment phobic -- relationships, friendship, family relations. Any help and advice plz?

I've had this problem forever and have begun to break it thankfully. I just realized that I premeditate things way too much-I think too far ahead and make assumptions. I was also hurt badly when starting on the road of love. Relax. Heal. Realize what you're missing out on. Know you have all the power inside you to fix this. Good luck! Xxx :)I'm commitment phobic -- relationships, friendship, family relations. Any help and advice plz?
Find a place where you can live in your own space and support yourself, and from that place you can then start to reach out and maintain relationships, whilst having your own base to return to when you need space and time to chill out. I think being constantly surrounded by people and suckered into their problems can make you feel imbalanced yourself so if you have your own space it's a good neutral ground to start from. I'm commitment phobic -- relationships, friendship, family relations. Any help and advice plz?
Stop thinking of yourself and think of the other person - imagine you are that person and how you would feel being treated the way you treat people by failing to make a commitment. Put the family or other person first, yourself last and things should change for the better. Don't think ';I can't do this'; but ';What will happen when I do?';
Hmm. Well a lot of people are afraid of commitments so don't feel bad. I think the big thing to consider is with any of the people who could make strong commitments in your life is whether you want to keep them in your life or not. A lot of the commitment thing has to do with trust. You might be afraid that if you put your trust fully in someone that they have the power to hurt you. So simply be aware who you're letting have that power.





Also remember that when you make a commitment to anyone that they're making a commitment to you too so they may be equally afraid of a letdown or pain.





Good luck.
Get a dog

No comments:

Post a Comment