Saturday, July 31, 2010

Looking for advice on interviewing for a government position, please help!?

am interviewing tomorrow for a City Planner position and I am terribly nervous. I currently work within government as a planner for a different department, but this is a much better opportunity for me and I desperatly want this. I know the general rules of dressing and presenting professionally and appropriately, maintaining eye contact, and remaining confident. I am looking for advice on answering questions and being interviewed by a panel of government directors and supervisors. Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated!Looking for advice on interviewing for a government position, please help!?
Just a few tips:





-- Have you researched the position? Know as many details as possible, and tailor your answers to questions based on the position.


-- Go prepared with questions for the interviewers, in case they ask if you have any questions. You don't want to be caught out with nothing to say.


-- If you're interviewing w/ multiple people, be sure to look at everyone while you're answering. Not all at once, but distribute your eye contact accordingly.


-- Be prepared to discuss your current job in detail -- your accomplishments, any roadblocks, what you would do differently, etc. You'll sound great if you're super-knowledgeable.


-- Keep your answers to a reasonable length. Not too short, not too long.





Good luck!Looking for advice on interviewing for a government position, please help!?
This should help. I just stumbled upon it like a week ago. I hope this gets me best answer.





http://www.flickr.com/photos/25014312@N05/

No comments:

Post a Comment