Thursday, July 29, 2010

I need to ship a horse from PA to NC and don't own my own trailer. Help? Advice? Thanks!?

She's 25 years old and hasn't been trailered in over 5 years. I don't own my own trailer, so I need to hire somebody willing and careful. There will be a tack trunk coming along with her as well as grain, hay, etc. The route is from Middletown, PA to Union, NC. I've tried three times already to schedule this with no success. Can any of my Yahoo! Answers friends help?I need to ship a horse from PA to NC and don't own my own trailer. Help? Advice? Thanks!?
There is a Yahoo Group called Hitch Hiking Horses. Go to groups.yahoo.com and search for it. When you get there, just post a message with what you need. You will get several quotes via email. I have used this method successfully many times.





Good luck!I need to ship a horse from PA to NC and don't own my own trailer. Help? Advice? Thanks!?
Here is a link to an ad on Liverystable.net for a horse transport service. It is called Pride of the Fleet, and it sounds very trustworthy. The ad includes their website/contact information. Good luck!





http://www.liverystable.net/index.php?a=鈥?/a>
I posted an ad in the local paper offering to pay someone to transport my dog to another city. Got many responses.





It may work with a horse. Pay after transport is complete.
Get in contact with a stable near you and find out if they could ship her and your equipment, then work with them on a schedule that's doable for both of you.
Go to Equinesite.com - the BB there is AWESOME - they also list shippers %26amp; other professionals.I would reccomend Potomac Horse Carriers out of Maine - with Hits in Saugerties in NY and Raleigh NC going on Im sure they can at least help.


1-800-448-7557


They hauled my beloved Kate to and from Rochester Equine - and they had a return trip from Alabama :)
Here are a few numbers


Cache Stables 518-236-5155


Horse Trans 315-704-8086


Rockin' A Equine 606-465-2039


Horse Trans 267-475-9426


Horse Taxi 703-791-3008


J H 505-775-3380


Equine Trans 518-834-7348


Hope this helps some.
go to www.uship.com you can put all of your info in there and hauling companies will give you a bid. you can request their refs and insurance. i was gonna cost me about 900 to haul my horses from beaufort sc to erie pa just to give you an idea
I believe Big Oak Farm in Homer City, PA does shipping...you might want to check with them..heres there website..www.bigoakfarm.com...otherwise.鈥?around on the internet %26amp; see who is in the area that does shipping. Make sure that whoever you get is creditable %26amp; has references available for you to speak with. Good luck!
Get in contact with a stable near you and find out if they could ship her and your equipment, then work with them on a schedule that's doable for both of you.
You need to inquire at stables, feed, and tack stores in your area. Certainly someone knows and will give you a reliable reference.
Look in the Equine Marketer for horse haulers. You can also go to your local tack shop and ask for references or look on their bulletin board for local shippers. Your vet may also be able to reference you to someone. If still no luck, find a breeding farm in your area to get references. Breeders are often sending young horses all across the country and need a trustworthy shipper that can handle a young inexperienced horse.





Many small shippers don't have insurance because they could never afford to stay in business. Large hualers, like Brook Ledge, offer insurance and may be cheaper over all, but your horse will be treated as freight. When you get a hold of someone, ask how they load a difficult horse, If your horse will go straight from point A to B, if there will be a layover (I wouldn't expect one from PA to NC but there could be.) and maybe come up with a few scenarios to ask about (what would you do if my horse acts colicy, and how could you tell?) just to make sure they are resonably knowledgable.





Scedualling is very difficult for most shippers so time and date wise be as flexible as you can, even if that means having a friend be there to send your horse off while you are at work. Of course, than you need a trustworthy friend too!
I am the owner of JRS Performance Horses L.L.C. and my name is Justin. I am in Maryland and we (JRS) have clients in Pa. also making trips to Phil., Race track often transporting young horses to and from the track or to sales etc. If your interested we would love to help you get your horses safely to NC . Call us at 443-786-1713, For more information
There are professional horse shippers, usually with a stable. I have seen, on the Gypsy Horse Open Forum list, people advertising spots. You might try to look at specific horse registries (AQHA, APHA) or some of the other folks like the Gypsy Horse folks (which I'm familiar with) or the Friesian folks. The Gypsy Horse Open Forum list is a yahoo groups list and I bet the list administrator would be more than willing to help you. Just do a search on Yahoo groups and you'll find it! I have found these people to be very nice and helpful.





The other person, I just remember to contact would be Fran at remmepark@comcast.net. I *think* they haul horses and she would be a good resource, if nothing else!





Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment