Sunday, July 25, 2010

Singing audition advice / help?

I'm doing an audition for my school play tomorrow and I've got to sing as well as perform a monologue. I'm really nervous because for one the people in my group aren't very nice and i have no friends that are with me and also because my voice keeps cracking when I sing (I think this could be because my chest/throat is dry) Please help me?! What should I do to improve it and stop it from cracking? I'm rapidly losing confidence in myself. It's high school musical and I have to sing 'What I've been looking for'. Please help me I really want to do well.Singing audition advice / help?
Drink water all day and keep practicing. Don't worry about them. You know, acting and such is always going to be like this... but you have to be calm and cool and keep your head high. Remember... drink water... LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of water! Good luck!Singing audition advice / help?
As a former singer, I have had the same problems in the beginning stage. # 1 Confidence always help, meaning you learn your score as thoroughly as possible, and you can even sing in the middle of the night, if you have to. # 2 Breathing technique you know already.


# 3 Keep reminding yourself that you know the score as well as the judges, perhaps better which is true. # 4 Practice, practice, not only you will perfect it, it will boost your confidence. # 5 Focus on your score, and a monologue by finding one spot in the auditorium you feel at ease, go over there before the event, find a spot. I'd done that myself.


You'll be OK. Besides a bit of stage freight is always recommended even to the pros, and they have it too. Believe me.
Warm up your voice before you start + remember to take deep breaths.





I hope ive helped, I dont really have much experience in this kinda stuff
just hold your head up high and get the part you want good luck x



My School did hsm i got sharpay it was fun just be ur self,act it out.


Do what everyone else says, but if you've got a sore throat or its dry don't go out of your comfort zone !!





Good Luck x

No comments:

Post a Comment