Thursday, July 29, 2010

Any advice to help me quit smoking?

Hi Jim


I ';smoked'; 29 yrs a pack %26amp; a half a day and I quit on June 25th 2001.... My secret was I picked up a box of nicotine patches and about six packages of red licorice candy. The first day I put a whole patch on and every time I wanted a smoke/cig I grabbed a licorice.After 3 days of full patches I cut the patches in half and just wore 1/2 patches ans continued my licorice cigs. It worked because as of today Dec. 1 2008 I have not touched a single cigarette or LICORICE since then. I have never had a craving or anything. Pick a candy (a long one) that you like so you can substitute it for that cig.





Also I am fortunate in Canada because no one is allowed to smoke in ANY public buildings so it helped when I went out for the evenings that I wasn't temped by other smokers. To succeed remove yourself from all temptation until you have kicked the habit.... Good Luck my friend I know you can do it...











I sure hope you are as lucky as I was.





Good Luck Sweetie





RN CatherineAny advice to help me quit smoking?
my prescription is these 3 videos. watch them in order.





1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x00Xxsja1鈥?/a>





2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaaVs5W6T鈥?/a>





3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDbiZcKEV鈥?/a>








in the end it takes strength of heart to overcome an addiction, takes courage and a promise to oneself that you will make it through it. When you decide to stop, its going to be Hell, and once in Hell you have to keep going till you reach the other side. Do not flag or fail, treat it as an enemy fight it with every fiber in your body, and never ever surrender to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment