Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Please help i need an advice so i can consider if i need to see a doctor!?

I think i have geographic tongue, my rongue has cuts on the sides and in the middle theres a line going through and its kidna whitish grayish color on the tongue, sometimes whne i eat i get kinda burning senstaion in my mouth, my dental doctor said i have it but im not, i think ive had it since iwas born im 13 years old, is there any big symptoms of it? does it affect your talking? should i consult a doctor? please help im worried..Please help i need an advice so i can consider if i need to see a doctor!?
I'm a dentist.





The med student is right about geographic tongue (migratory glossitis).





The ';cuts'; on your tongue are almost certainly unrelated to geographic tongue. They are just fissures in your tongue. Some people have them, some don't.





Georgraphic tongue is nothing to worry about. There's not much you can do about it. I've read that brushing your tongue can promote keratinization, but I have yet to see that myself.Please help i need an advice so i can consider if i need to see a doctor!?
Hello,


';geographic tongue';, (benign migratory glossitis), fortunately only effects the tongue. There are no severe health risks attributed with it, but like you said you will get burning sensations eating certain foods. Normally you will feel no pain associated with it besides the burning sensations. It shouldn't effect your talking.
From your description it sounds more like fissured tongue. Normally there is no burning sensation with this condition. I would be thinking about some sort of secondary condition, such as fungal infection or trauma. This would be very rare though. Good Luck
if uve been smoking

No comments:

Post a Comment