Saturday, August 21, 2010

Please help! Advice needed! I have started seeing a guy and he is so so sweet.?

Only bad thing is...he smokes...he is a chain smoker and he wreaks of cigarettes. I dont smoke and i am finding it very hard to deal with. He doesnt even try and disguise the fact that he smokes, he never has gum/mints afterwards. I dread having to kiss him now...how do I tell him that i find it hard to deal with as I dont smoke myself? I dont want to hurt his feelings. I will end up finishing with him if its not addressedPlease help! Advice needed! I have started seeing a guy and he is so so sweet.?
Hi, well if it's going to end the relationship anyway, then why worry what he thinks. Just tell him that as long as he smokes, there will be absolutely no intimacy between the two of you. Just be honest with him, he wont know it bothers you unless you tell him.Please help! Advice needed! I have started seeing a guy and he is so so sweet.?
I smoke and have kissed lads who don't smoke and say they didn't really notice a differnce aslong as I didn't just have one.


But I see where you are coming from, just explain you dont even try and disguise the fact that you smoke,that he never has gum/mints afterwards and you I dread having to kiss him now! just be upfrunt and tell himthat find it hard to deal with as you don't smoke that you dont want to hurt his feelings, but If he doent do somthing about it you will end up breaking up with him. But tell him you are not asking him to give up completly just cut down when ye are togeather and use th mints spray or gum.
address it then...idk how far along you guys are in your relationship, but realize that there are probably some things that you may do that doesnt sit well with him either. you guys should have a serious heart to heart conversation about all of them. And when you do, dont just say ';honey i dont like you smoking...stop it'; dats not gonna work. do research about smoking...smoking kills so many people yearly. tell him that you not only hate the smell, you also dont wanna see him end up in the hospital with lung cancer and you most certainly dont wanna see him end up dead b/c of this bad habbit, but dont be upset when he also starts mentioning some things that he would like you to stop or start doing. a relationship takes time and work. its not about changing people either, its about sacrificing. you make those sacrifices b/c you love the person you are with and you will do anything to make them happy. but its not gonna be hard. smoking is very addictive, but u have to be willing to work with him. after the conversation, if you see him smoking dont bust his balls, just calmly and gently remind him. and mention that you are willing to work with him. that would make a man feel whole.
I would find the right time when you're both getting on well, to bring it up - maybe pre-empt it with ';This is so awkward, but...';





I told my boyfriend that I didn't go out with smokers, because I didn't like my clothes and hair smelling all the time, so the decision was his... we compromised. He brushed his teeth and got friendly with gum, and promised to give up at the end of the year (it was maybe October.)





I married him! He still smokes socially (i.e. when he's drunk) but not around me!
I think its a hard thing to do. Date someone who is a smoker and your not. I quit smoking for my husband and i still miss it. If he is such a sweet guy maybe he can cut back for you, but don't expect it. Just try talking to him about it, you never know he might quit just to be with you. Just remember this....don't get your hopes up.
Answers staring you in the face, so simple- start smoking yourself, eventually you'll lose your senses and won't notice + You'll be really sick and happy most of the time
u being a girl can stop his smoking habits....if he likes u...


so, try to be friendly with him....if he likes u...u will know it ...no need to explain......


then just nicely tell him....he will prob listen..
Yeah, you need to tell him how you feel about it. That's an important thing for you right now.
ask him to atleast TRY quitting...if he cared about you then he would make the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment