Monday, August 23, 2010

Social help/advice (highschool)?

know this is in the wrong section.


im going to be a junior in highschool and i want to get better at being social. i do go out and go to parties but im just not that good at talking to girls let alone boys!, i have my group of friends so i dont have to worry about that but i want to get better at just making like acquaintances at my school and talking to everyone! help? could it be im just not a social person?Social help/advice (highschool)?
Continue to go out and keep your mouth shut. There is nothing wrong with speaking only when spoken to. Most folks will like you better. You can then ';open up'; and be better friends with aquaintences that truly deserve your time.Social help/advice (highschool)?
I was having the same problem.


But i'm a frehman this year.


There is over 2000 kids at my highschool,


and the Freshman come from several different schools.


I was wanting to be more social and have more of a life,


so i just when up and started talking to people.


It REALLY works. If you see a boy you like in the hallway, alone,


ask ';Are you okay?'; And if he says ';Yeah, why?'; You could say ';Well, you are usually surrounded by people and i never get the chance to say hi.'; He will realize you show interest.


I've been going to only two days, starting back Monday.


All the people i randomly start tslking to are Older.


I'm talknig Juniors and Seniors, and they love me!


It freaks some people out, but its kind of funny.


It could be that you're not a social person,


but you can change that.(=
I think maybe you might be a little shy around new people. I think it is perfectly normal to be nervous going to junior high, I know I was. The best advice I can give you is to be yourself and have fun. If your quiet and seem like you don't want to be bothered with anyone, people most likely will not want to get to know or have anything to do with you. When meeting new people smile, ask for their name, start some small talk. Don't be afraid to take risk because that will just hold you back. Also I recommend you stay close with your old friends as well as make new ones, you'll never know when you need them.... Hope this works for you, it worked for me.





Best of Luck :D


If anymore questions you may email me

No comments:

Post a Comment