Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Need help and advice. I'm moving out of my apartment in November but....?

My current landlord doesn't want pets. I'm supposed to pick up a Puppy (that is stranded) on friday...and i don't know what to do with her. I can't leave her with anyone at that age since she will be bonding with a family that's not me. where i am moving, i am allowed to have dog but what do I do for the next month?Need help and advice. I'm moving out of my apartment in November but....?
It's better for the puppy to feel love for a month, than to have it sitting in a pound where it's unloved.


Think of it as a good way to help the puppy bond and become house trained. Puppies have lots of love to give, so don't worry about it. Do NOT try to keep the puppy - that's a good way to irritate a landlord and lose out on your security deposit.


Visit the puppy daily and you'll be fine. Good luck!Need help and advice. I'm moving out of my apartment in November but....?
This is the issue, how often does your landlord come around the property? how long will you be leaving the puppy alone during the day/night?





What can happen is if the landlord finds out you have a dog, he can send notice to remove the dog, if you fail he can move for eviction, way before your date to move, also if it would go to court and you loose that eviction would come up on a background check, making it difficult to rent again





hard to give advice without knowing the type of place you are living in as well as type of landlord
By the time your landlord figures out you have a puppy and would be able to kick you out, you'll be gone so I wouldn't worry too much.
You know by the time the landlord finds out you have a dog you will be gone by then anyway so pi-- on it . go get the dog and have fun with it .
Your landlord can charge you or keep your deposit or security deposit if he finds out. You will have to decide is it worth the money loss and a month of sneaking and stress. How will you take her out to go to the bathroom. Will she cry while your out? Can you pay to board her? The puppy will get over the person that you let keep it but the other person will get attached. You could get your parents or a close friend to keep the puppy and stay at their house a lot. You are the one that will have a hard time parting with the puppy once you get her.

No comments:

Post a Comment